Monday 13 April 2015

Obstacles that gets in the way of your Art

A good friend sign up for an art course after she read my blog. She was inspired she said ...lol... Anyway that was half a year ago & I saw her just yesterday.

And how are things in the creative department, I ask? She looked a little embarrassed when she saw me. She has almost given up, she said. Well even the best artist needs a break. Obstacles.... believe me, it's part of the process. If it happens to you too, the fact that you hit a wall , don't mean it's over. It just mean you need a break. Art is suppose to be fun, it's not a school assignment. Good news is, school is over- long ago......Take your time, recharge, google & read up on any artist's life, look at some kid's art, watch a movie hang out with friends.

Don't take the fact that you have paused as an indication that you are finish with the creative process. All is not lost. Just keep your sketch book around & pick it up when the urge returns. I assure you, it will:))
by American post-minimalist artist Miya Ando, love her work !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment