Monday 24 August 2015

Impulse Buying... Oops I did it again !

Impulse buying??? Experts say don't do it, especially for ART!!!

You are in a beautiful gallery , the knowledgeable sales lady is telling you how wonderful the piece is, she started telling you about it's history, or the artist- suddenly you felt personal , you started falling in love with it, you even feel obliged after the nice knowledgeable lady had spent so much time explaining to you .................. Well experts said  STOP!!!!!! ..........don't even think about it.... don't buy it!

Chances are when you bring it home, you'll realize, that it has no relevance in your life!

It's different when you are buying something small, or for that matter when you are on vacation, buying a small souvenir, it's ok because you are just having fun at a small expense. It's very different when you are making a serious purchase costing thousands of dollars.

It happened to me. I bought a painting for $10,000- sometime back,  brought it home & it don't even go with anything in my apt! Then I swear I'll never do it again, & guess what ? 
Last night, I did it again !

No comments:

Post a Comment